Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Other Blog is Spam?

A few days ago, as I found myself writing here, and trailing off in to other subjects, I decided to set up another blog on a favourite subject of mine: offer strategy.

I went and set up the url http://offerstrategy.blogspot.com, and over the next few days, wrote a total of three articles on the subject of creating sales premiums that make sense. Designing offers that help to close sales.

The blog has a total of three external links:
1 to this blog.
1 between two articles
1 to an article on my company's website about the mortgage crash in the US (which is topical to the article, since I think it can be argued that the crash is the result of flawed offer strategy)

This morning I receive mail from blogger informing me that my blog has been flagged as a potential "spam blog"

I went and read about the defininitions of a spam blog, and it cited pirated content and volumes of nonsensical links as the general offenders. I am a little stunned to discover that my three little articles, and three little links could somehow have set off alarm bells someplace. I am curious to know how it could possibly fit the criteria, and if so, do the criteria make sense?

Anyways, I have put the blog up for review by the humans at Google. At least someone will be reading it now, as I hadn't gotten around to publishing it in any way...I was going to wait until there was a little more content.

Has anyone else had their blog unjustifiably locked as potential spam? Please share your story with me. Meanwhile, I'll climb back down off my soapbox now. Sorry for having strayed from the subject matter. To get back to analytics...I am currently working on an article for the WAA Blog about User Generated Content. Hope to share that next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes well you! Stop!