Wednesday, January 16, 2008

SEO for a Good Cause with Bruce Clay

I was excited to read in my copy of Bruce Clay´s January SEO Newsletter, that the company has organized an SEO Charity Contest. If you're interested, entries are due by February 11, so act fast.

Unfortunately for me, I´m way down in Buenos Aires, and so it would be impractical for me to try to participate, since I can´t attend the events. Maybe next year they´ll include some remote training prizes for participants from further afield.

What a great opportunity for individuals who are anxious to have their cause heard. I can see so many positives:

the contest winner gets an opportunity to benefit from the great course materials and Search Engine Strategies Conference,

the charity gets the help of an individual to promote their cause, PLUS they have a great PR piece to spin out, as a result of winning,

Bruce Clay has the opportunity to raise awareness around a bunch of great causes, among the powerful communicators of the SEO community! Maybe some other pros in the community might find a worthwhile charity or two to adopt and promote in the process.

I´m going to spread the word in my little community to see what kind of causes people would like to see supported. I´d be interested, if anyone feels like sharing, to hear what kinds of causes people think would be ideal for this contest. What great charity do you think could really leverage this kind of opportunity to make a real difference?

No comments: